- FAIRVIEW GOLF COURSE is one of the few remaining sand green courses in the country. It is well maintained from fairway to
sand green, and is located on the northwest edge of Pawnee City at the Pawnee County Fairgrounds. The drive for number 2 is over the hog barn, and the par 4 number 5 has a carry over a
pond. If you want to play a sand green course, you can't go wrong with Fairview Golf Course.
- KIRKMAN'S LAKEVIEW GOLF COURSE is a 9-hole, 3270 yard course wrapped around Kirkman's Cove Lake
and is located just 16 miles northeast of Pawnee City. A renovated country schoolhouse serves as it's unique clubhouse. Large, but challenging greens and fairway moguls are featured in this
beautifully laid out course.
- IRON HORSE TRAIL LAKE, located just seven miles from Pawnee City, is an NRD lake featuring hiking, camping, fishing, a swimming
beach, sand volleyball, a picnic/playground area and no-wake boating.
- BURCHARD LAKE is a 150-acre lake created in 1958, and is one of the finest largemouth bass lakes in Southeast
Nebraska. It features year-round fishing, camping, hiking and picnic areas, and has a handicap-accessible fishing pier. The lake is surrounded by 400
acres of native grasslands that are home to a resident flock of greater prairie-chickens. Burchard Lake is located 11 miles from Pawnee City.
- KIRKMAN'S COVE is an NRD lake that opened in
1988. It allows boating speeds up to 35 mph, has camping pads w/electrical hookups, nature trails, fishing, picnic shelters, playground, sand beach w/swimming area, and a sand volleyball
court. Kirkman's Lakeview Golf Course is adjacent to the lake.
- THE PAWNDEROSA CAMPGROUND is a quiet location on the edge of Pawnee City with a stocked pond, wheelchair accessible fishing, a
picnic shelter, restroom facilities, and electrical hookups for camping. It is open year-round, and you can make reservations.
- CITY PARKS--There are two public parks within the city
limits of Pawnee City that have modern playgrounds and picnic shelters. The North Park also has a pool and basketball court, and the South Park has
a tennis court.
- PRAIRIE HILL SPORTS COMPLEX was built in the 90's on the
edge of Pawnee City. It features two little league baseball/softball fields, a legion baseball field, and a modern concession stand with restrooms. A new trap shooting range will
soon be added, and is scheduled for completion in the Spring of 2014.
- PAWNEE COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS, is the home of the annual
Pawnee County Fair, which is one of the highlights of the summer in Pawnee City. In conjunction with the 4-H Fair, the Pawnee County Tractor Pull has been held for over 40 years, and the
Rodeo just held its 20th performance.